Gender in a BOX is a transnational project, involving 9 partner countries, with a set of well composed skills and
experience among the consortium which proposes to work "differently" on gender issues, starting from
educating young boys and men, in order to achieve gender equality and equity. The project is composed of 5
main actions in capacity building in local level and mobility activities.
The main aim of the project is raise the capacities of youth organizations on promoting gender equality through
working with young boys and men, while targeting them as the main actors not only as the cause of the
problem. As well it seeks to equip participants with concrete tools and methods they can use in local level to
include more boys and men in gender equality through youth work.
1. Train youth workers/leaders and young people with approaches to working with young boys and men in
gender based work while providing them with concrete tools and methods
2. Support and improve skills of youth workers by giving them practical and professional skills in addressing
gender based issues from different angles
3. De-construct some of the challenges young men face in adolescence while using a gender lens by focusing on
masculinity (ies), address in the youth work sphere
4. Promote empowerment and life skills necessary for young men to develop healthy relationships based on
gender equality, to understand their physical, sexual and emotional development and to address all forms of
violence in their everyday life.
5. Create a team of young Trainers that are skilled in the topic of gender equality trough inclusion of more boys
and men, who can act as multipliers
6. Foster the participation of youth workers in taking an active role in promoting gender equality and equity in
their daily work and all aspects of life.
7. Promote the Erasmus + YiA Program as a strong tool for promoting gender issues, especially to start a
practice of working ore with young boys and men.
The projects methodology is based on NFE, learning by doing approach and learner centered approach. Each
activity is carefully planned and will qualitatively be implemented from a strong cooperation of all partners, with
the support of experience professionals, trainers, facilitators and managers team in the field of education,
gender issues and inclusion.